I get this question a lot; “should I use this company to buy my leads?” , or “are facebook leads really worth it?”
And to tell the truth it’s a difficult question to answer, the number one reason being that the options are limitless! Every guy with access to youtube thinks that they are a marketing/ lead gen expert when in reality most of them couldn’t answer an analytical or technical question to save their lives. As a data scientist, I made a small fortune last year fixing marketing agencies that were losing clients. (I refer to these agencies as “Shmarketing Agencies”) Some of these agencies were managing 500 or more ad accounts and were still relying on marketing platforms like clickfunnels. I found that the majority of these agencies were using stock audiences provided by the advertising platform, with no real ingenuity beyond basic keywords.
My solution was to create a series of web scrapers that would pull an assortment of data from public websites and match it to a consumer that would be flagged as an intent buyer for that specific product. I would see my scrapper data sold over and over again from one business to another, they would find any and all client competition and resell the same user data to them. After I witnessed my data set used by over forty business’s within the same city I realized the formula in which these agencies operate. Smarketing agencies only exist for short term gain, they have no long term plans for client relationships. They are fully committed to squeezing every last penny out of you until they can’t anymore!
With all that said,
I would not discredit the platforms themselves!
Here are some things you can do to save some money on advertising
- Learn the platform. Spend an hour or two a day navigating your chosen ad platform whether it be facebook, google, linked in, etc. Create some cheap spend ads and really get a feel for how to run them
- Take control of your website. If you own or operate a website make sure you properly tracking your visitors in a way that would make it easier to retarget your intended audience
- Data. You have options when it comes to data, you could create a list of your own converted clients and mirror them to other intent audiences. Upload your own retargeting information from your website, hire a data scientist to create web scrapers for you, or you could purchase a list from a data broker. If you have the money a list from a data broker is the single BEST option
How To Avoid Shmarketing Agencies
- Check for third-party agency tools within a marketer’s webpage. If they are unable to track their own marketing without relying on another marketing agency what makes you think they will do a good job for you?
- Check the reports that are given to you. I actually worked for an agency that asked me to photoshop a client report for them once. Don’t just buy-in
- If they don’t know any programming languages odds are they are worthless! This is the truth, most of the ad platforms out there require a basic understanding of code like JSON or java. For the ones who do not know how to navigate these languages odds are they would be unable to deliver the things they are promising
- View the ads on their pages. If you look at a companies facebook you can view the ads they create. If they are not running any odds are they don’t trust in their abilities to market
Don’t just be sheep! learn to be a wolf! Our system can turn the crapiest leads into conversions so save the money and learn to do it yourself. Our Pro + members have free access to our marketing team as well as myself (consulting) to help you in this learning process. Feel free to reach out